1. Amount of abortions performed, per calendar year for the years 2005 to 2009.
2. The age of the women having abortions from 2005 to 2009
3. The marital status of the women
4. Reason for abortion
5. Place of Residence
6. Prior abortions
7. Postoperative complications
8. Intraoperative complications
9. Gestational age of fetus
I argue that information on medical procedures are in the public interest as they fall under “quality of care” issues, and the hospital can legally release that information to the public.
Indeed, on January 15, 2010 the following statement was made on the web site, Kelowna.com:
Mary Jane Cullen, community administrator for the Central Okanagan, said the provincially-mandated service does about 700 abortions each year during the weekly clinic held Tuesdays.
I assume that the administrator released this information because it was in the public interest. I missed the part where there was mass rioting in the streets over the release of the 700 abortions per year figure.
A similar request was made to Vancouver General Hospital.
Let’s see what they say!!